Covid-19 Safety Protocols and Policies
We are happy to finally be open, and welcome you back to the Canadian Golf Club, for our 2020 Golf Season. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, things will be a little different here this year, and we are asking for your assistance in complying with our new policies and procedures
In keeping with the Ontario Ministry of Health, we will be encouraging you to follow their guidelines, to keep you, our staff, family and friends safe.
The flagstick is not to be handled at any time while on the golf course
• Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer (with at least 70% alcohol content)
• We ask that you wear a mask when entering the clubhouse, or approach a staff member
• Sneeze and cough into your sleeve.
• If you use a tissue, discard immediately and wash your hands afterward.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
• Avoid contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home if you are sick.
• Avoid high-touch areas, where possible, or ensure you clean your hands after.
Please do not visit our golf facility if you:
• are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (Please visit https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/ to complete a self-assessment)
• have been in contact with someone in the last 14 days who is known to have tested positive for COVID-19
• have been outside of Canada in the last 14 days
BOOKING A TEE TIME
• Booking a Tee time may be done on line or by calling the pro shop.
• Our tee times are spaced 12 minutes
• All tee times will require a credit card at time of booking, as to alleviate any back up lines in the pro shop and limit the amount of contact with staff
• Please add your credit card information to your profile, for a speedier check out experience (If you require assistance, please call the pro shop, and we would be happy to help)
• Only people with a valid tee time will be permitted to access the Canadian Golf Club property
• We ask that you arrive no earlier than 15-20 minutes , prior to your tee time.
• You will be greeted upon your arrival by a member of our team, who will confirm your start time, and ask you to keep your distance from other golfers, who may be waiting for their tee time.
• Golfers will be directed to Starter Shack, which is adjacent to the club house-pro shop side
• Once you have checked in and been assigned your golf cart or pull cart, please make your way to the first tee, no later than 5 minutes before your tee time-and keeping 2 meters from any group ahead of you
• Please keep social interaction with other golfers in our parking lot, to a minimum of 4 people, 2 meters apart.
POWER CARTS and PULL CARTS:
• Power carts will be rented for single player use. Golfers living in the same household may rent a shared cart (you will be asked to provide ID, which shows that you reside at the same address)
• Power carts will be cleaned and sanitized before and after each use
• Please return power carts to the cart barn area, following your round. We ask that you please dispose of all garbage, so as to minimize our employee’s risk of exposure.
Please respect these guidelines, for a safe and enjoyable round by all:
Respecting the 2-meter distancing rule -Not touching other player’s equipment (clubs, balls, tees, etc.)
We will modify the cups to allow for easy ball retrieval
Many on course items such as bunker rakes, ball washers, benches have been removed
After completing a round of golf, golfers will be asked to return to their vehicle and exit the property
Access to the driving range will be allowed in the following ways:
Booking a 30-minute range session (We have set up “tee times” for our driving range as a separate course at 15-minute intervals) - Charges shown on a booking will be applicable for non-range-members
Range codes can be purchased in the proshop
Baskets and balls will be sanitized between each use
Please follow all signage on the driving range including instructions for getting and returning your range basket
• Our pro shop will be open with a limited number of customers permitted at any given time. We will have markings on the floor, 2-meter distancing. When those spots are full, we ask that you wait outside until a space becomes available
• Access to the pro shop will be through the pro shop door, located on the west side of the club house
• All memberships are to be completed on line only. We will not be accepting in person payments of memberships in the pro shop at this time.
FOLLOWING YOUR ROUND
• Please follow safe physical distancing practices by staying 6 feet (2 meters) from other golfers
• Outside alcohol is not permitted to be consumed on the golf course, or in our parking lot.
• Please do not socialize in the parking lot after your round. We kindly ask that you return to your vehicle after your round and exit the property.
• Please dispose of any garbage in receptacles provided in the parking lot.
• Please refrain from high fives and hand shakes following your round.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
• Everett’s lounge will be open for grab and go snacks & sandwiches and beverages
• Please enter through the front door or through patio door into Everett’s lounge.
• We will have a limited number of items available for take away orders for our golfers, along with our take home, curb side menu, for you to take home dinner, for you and your family.
• Orders may be placed either via our “Take out Menu” web site portal or by calling 613-253-3290 ext. 231
• Beverage cart service will be weather dependant. We ask that you respect the social distancing guidelines, and place your order with our staff, who will place the items on the back of the cart for you to pick up. Credit card payment only please, as we are not dealing with cash at this time.
• There are portable washrooms located on Hole # 6 West Tee, #11 West Tee, #13 West Tee (#6 East Green). These washrooms will have foot pump water/soap in each portable washroom.
• Washrooms will be cleaned twice daily.
• Washrooms in the clubhouse will be open with controlled traffic and sanitization procedures in place
If you still have your clubs in storage, or have items in your locker, please contact the pro shop, to arrange a pick up of your items
• Club storage is being offered however members must retrieve their own clubs